Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Eve 2008

My kids are outside playing. I should be out there with them in case of an emergency, but I had some things to catch up on. I am not catching up on much obviously! Is it bad that I let them out there by themselves? In this crazy world where the unthinkable happens? I better keep this short because the guilt and worry is building in my system now.
We are ringing in the new year and as we do I had a few things to share. Things from this past month, and other stuff. Things I thought were noteworthy....

*We had a wonderful Christmas with the Schafeitel Family (pictures to come)
*We had about 14 inches of snow here in Vancouver. Which, when you think about it is pretty amazing considering we are almost at sea level. Although, the coast was also blanketed with the white stuff as well.
*Apparently the city does not believe in plowing the roads. So, imagine travelling on roads that have been driven on, but not cleared of snow, with huge ice blocks under the snow. Oh and we live on top of a really steep hill. I felt like we lived in a third world country for a few days there. The place shut down. The news only spoke of "ARCTIC BLAST 2008" constantly. The mail was not delivered, the garbage not picked up. So, Christmas presents did not arrive on time, Christmas cards were not actually mailed until after Christmas. This girl from Utah was a little perplexed with the whole thing. It is just snow after all. And not that much either.
*Bailey's cyst has grown even bigger and to top it off the stinkin thing is interfering with her circulation now so her whole ear is about 20 pounds. We are ready to perform surgery ourselves to remove it. Poor girl.
*The kids go back to school on Monday. .
*We start a new year together where the chore chart will be attempted yet again. No more buying things for my kids. They are in desperate need to learn how to save money and what it means to spend it wisely.
*We are going to Disneyland at the end of the month! Wait that doesn't bode well with the previous point...oh well.
*Mommy goes to San Francisco for a trip with a dear friend before the trip to Disney!!!!
*Stan has to go to San Diego for a work thing. Blah.
*We are starting the year with new hope for a better future. I will not think the worst is yet to come. I will put my trust in our new President and pray for him and all those around him.
*Bailey is still with us. Almost one year ago she was given six weeks to live. Liars.
*Our families are all doing well (ok, relatively well). We are grateful for each of you.
*Drew will be nine this year, and Nicolas five. Too fast, too fast.
*I saw Marley and Me and started crying before it even started. So did Drew. I love her.
*Nicolas is officially allergic to walking. He has declared this and stated that we should not expect him to walk long distances. Especially when Daddy has strong shoulders to ride on.
*Nicolas also has decided that Bailey will have puppies on her birthday. Which is in September, when she will be twelve years old, oh and she is fixed. But he swears by it, and expects them to come.
*I have been outside four times to make sure that some crazy has not stolen my children from me while typing this. So, if it doesn't make any sense...sorry!
*I will post pictures of Christmas once my kids are safely inside and within my eyesight.

Happy New Year!! May it bring you great blessings, happiness, good health, and may all those resolutions work out for you! Mine never do, so I quit making them!

No comments: