This Christmas was spent with the Schafeitel's...Stephane, Shalee, and Papa all came into town to celebrate with us. Papa made it fine, no problems. Stephane and Shalee on the other hand were not so fortunate. Due to ARCTIC BLAST 2008, they were a day late, and a few hours later still. But they made it, and the kids were ecstatic to see them after such a long time.
We were able to have a nice traditional fondue on Christmas Eve thanks to Stephane and his skills with the cheese. My kids gobble it up and nothing feels as good as a nice ball of bread and cheese in your stomach after a long day of playing in the snow. Except of course if you try and buy that fondue that comes in a glass jar. Just a warning, don't waste your money. Trust me. We tried. The smell alone cleared the room of at least three of us!
Christmas day started at 6am for Stan and I. The kids could not wait to get up and see what Santa had brought them. So after dragging myself out of bed I followed them down the stairs and once there the screams of joy began. "This is what I always wanted!" Nicolas screams. "Look how cool Mom! High school Musical lip gloss!" Drew shrieks. And that was just the stockings. Nothing beats that feeling though. Seeing your kids eyes sparkle and smiles so big they just may never be able to stop. After opening gifts and all the adults working on those D*@&! silver tie thingys, the kids were playing and Stephane was working on crepes for breakfast. Does it get any better than this? I think not.
Wait, did I mention that our garbage had not been picked up on the day it was scheduled? And so we had full cans and full recycle bins. And now we had all the boxes, wrapping, silver tie thingys, and more to add to that pile? Ahh, yes ARCTIC BLAST 2008 was really getting on my nerves. But we managed and got everything out and ready for pick up at the unspecified later date, which I must had, has yet to happen!! Snow really scares these people!
We had a great time celebrating with family and even though that snow made people a little wacko around these parts, it made it feel just right too. Like growing up and pretty much every year I lived at home having a white Christmas. I hope it happens again this season or next because sledding was so much fun and some boys from our neighborhood made $500 bucks shoveling peoples driveways! Nobody owns a shovel! If you have one you are in the money! I am getting Drew and Nicolas out there shoveling with me guaranteed if we have another snowfall!
A few pictures of the festivities:
Nicolas paused long enough for a quick picture!
Drew became the sledding machine. She is not scared of any hill. Bring it on.
After running into someones mini-van, Nicolas would only ride with Daddy!
And this kids, is what the holidays will do to you:
Sleeping in heavenly peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment