Friday, November 14, 2008

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."~Martin Luther King

Stupid is a harsh word. I tell my kids not to say it because they would not like it if it was used to describe them. It just sounds mean. But sometimes it is necessary I believe. Say for instance. when a nice neighbor decides it is OK to use the neighborhood email as a platform for his religious propaganda. And say that neighbor included a link to someones religion that described it as a "religious cult". Then I say he is just plain stupid. And rude.
Oh well, we can't please everyone. I try too, trust me I try. A little too hard sometimes. Thank goodness for my husband who does not even belong to this religious cult, but still had the courage to write said neighbor and tell him he was abusing the system. Let alone misrepresenting peoples beliefs. We all know where he stands and how he believes, and respect that. I do not liken him to a cult, but apparently his conscience allows him to think it is okay to do this to another. So thank you to my husband who loves me even though I worship false idols and belong to a cult. :) Love has no boundaries!

1 comment:

It all began here said...

T-what a terrific husband you have. Sometimes it is difficult to stand up to neighbors that over step their boundaries. Maybe that is the problem, they have none.

It is interesting to me, that the said "cult" is one of honesty, love and charity. One that teaches to be gentle and meek like the Savior.

Your husband is a man of high integrity, what a great example he must be for your children!