Marmee From "Little Women"
"Don't you feel that it is pleasanter to help one another, to have daily duties which make leisure sweet when it comes, and to bear and forbear, that home may be comfortable and lovely to us all?"
I am in need of that sweetness of leisure time. I know that it is coming someday, hopefully soon. The daily duties I do are so pleasant (???)...ok, most of them are. I chose to exclude laundry and the dishes. But all the help that I give (and receive), and my skilled homemaking (HA HA). Don't ask the family about that one. They may disagree with some of my so called "skills". Anyway, all this is what makes me a Mom and a Wife, so I love it.
What defines homemaking anyway?
But really, to have a home that is comfortable and filled with love makes my kids want to stay home longer. Nicolas said he is going to come home everyday after he is done making the toys at McDonalds (his life dream), and spend the evenings with his Momma. Thank goodness that he still will love me and not want to go out and celebrate all that being a toymaker for McDonalds would allow him.
Drew will go to college, but only the one really close so that she can be home with us each evening also. Neither one wants to get married, or leave the house. Whew...I have done my job, and a good one at that. They will not abandon me for bigger and better things. I will keep them safe and warm inside the walls of our home.
Back to the leisure thing. Every home needs a well rested and happy Mom, right?! I sure think so (hint hint to Stan). Now, I will begin planning where the sweetness of leisure may take me. Nicolas said I can't go to Hawaii or any vacation without him though. So my break may just be that trip to Target without the kids because I cannot break his heart. We will sit on the beaches of Hawaii together after he makes his fortune at McDonalds. We will make sure to do it when Drew is on break from that school that is less than a mile from home though for sure!
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
being a homemaker is tough work. Isn't it interesting that we need the break to be better, and our goal is to make a happy home so they want to be there? Seems a little backward. But absolutely wonderful.
Kids are so fuuny, I remember Alexus crying one day because she didn't want to ever have to move out! I said the day will come and you will be so excited. Hey, do you have any good books that I can read? Here is your next thing to write about, I'm tagging you! How To Play This Game of Tag: Post these rules on your blog. List: 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog!
Post a Comment