Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Seven Purple Balloons, and one will be black.


To Celebrate Miss Drew Schafeitel's birthday her loving brother and I went out to get her eight balloons in her favorite color, purple. Eight purple balloons in hand, and off we went.
The plan was to tie something to the end of each one and put them on the front grass so that she could see them the moment she got off the bus. I knew it would make her happy to look out the bus window and see us waiting for her surrounded by her balloons. So off to work tying the candy on the balloons. I looked once I was done and there sat my sweet dog, eating some wrapped candy. And the eighth balloon was gone. Flying into the heavens. Thanks Bailey, a lot. So, Nicolas had a black balloon that the lady had given him at Party City. So he sat on the grass with his black balloon tied around his wrist, filling in for our eighth balloon. And Bailey was sent to the corner and sat there moping.

I should of known!







Regardless, Drew was so happy when she got off the bus and ran to see what her brother and I had done for her. Her most favorite part about it was the High School Musical pen that has Sharpay on it. When you push a button on it, you get to hear the lovely voice of Ashley Tisdale singing "Fabulous". Drew's favorite song from the movie. The story about Bailey came in second though!
So off we go to Big Al's for a little family celebration tonight. Then Ice Skating with the friends on Saturday! Happy Birthday Drew! We love you!!




The eighth balloon:

One happy girl:


Remember that you are FABULOUS!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

OK, first of all I LOVE the balloon idea. I'm totally going to steal it for Camryn! I completely enjoyed reading about Drew. I'm so glad we've remained friends - you help me keep gratitude for my kiddlins in my heart. Joel said he only likes reading 2 blogs: mine (of course) and your blog. That's quite a compliment!

Should I even ask what you thought about the VP's debate??? HA HA

Emily said...

Happy Birthday DREW!! I can't believe she is 8 already. How time flys! Cute idea!!!!