One week until the kids and I leave to the East coast! I am both excited and, I guess you could say apprehensive?? The fact that I will be flying to New York from Portland (could we be farther away and in the same country?!) by myself with the kids is something I am not too excited about. I have driven twelve plus hours in one go with both kids, by myself, so what is the big deal? Well, for one, in the comfort of my own car we can watch DVD's without having to worry if the battery is going to run out! Listen to music of our choice while singing along, which on the airplane may be a little annoying to some. Not everyone loves Def Leopard I guess. Oh, and I can yell at my kids, threatening them within an inch of their lives, and only we know what is being said. Crammed into a row of seats on a Southwest plane? Um, can CPS be called from the flight deck??? So, as you can see, I am a little worried. Oh well, we have handled worse in the past I guess. So, now on to the trip.... lovely wonderful days spent with the family. Did I mention how much I love them? But at the same time, why can family relationships be so toxic? Is it because we know they will love us regardless? I don't know if they are going to talk to me for months after the trip, but they WILL still love me! Ten days in hotel rooms, living out of suitcases, eating at the finest of fast food establishments on the east coast? How could I ask for more??! Actually, I am very grateful for the opportunity. Thanks to my wonderful, generous brother for buying the airline tickets for all of us, my kids and I will get to see things we have never seen before, and experience things together that we will always remember. So, even though I may sound like a spoiled brat who deserves the trophy for best complainer of the year, I really am happy to be going! New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island...here we come!! For those of you that remember on July 18th, send a little prayer up to keep us safe, and sane please!!
One prescription for Xanax..$10.00, two portable DVD players,enough bribe candy to feed a football team, Benedryl (just in case I swear!), and a couple new DVDS (in hopes that they will hold their attention!)...oh about, $400.00, countless hours with my family creating wonderful memories? Priceless!!
Come back on the 28th to see if we survived! Oh and if you see a Southwest plane above you on the 18th or 27th this month that you swear you can hear screaming coming from, just smile and pay no mind!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my girlie...I'm just now recovering from my cross country trip. Good luck! At least your little dude is older now. Joel tried to convince me to fly with my 3 kids while 6 months preg this Thanksgiving....alone. Yeah right, those days are over. You've got everything you need, except a drunk Indian (I'll tell you the story later). Have a wonderful time and take lots of pics!
Oh my gosh Teresa... you are a brave mother and a good one at that. Have so much fun and I can't wait to hear about all the memories you make.
Miss you all :)
Shalee
PS - love the blog... keep it up!
Teresa I happened across you blog and it is so fun to see what you have been up to. Good luck on the trip! Check out my blog at
www.threecrazymonkeys.blogspot.com
Love ya your cousin-Emily
Post a Comment