Sunday, June 1, 2008

We're Havin a Party!!


So, yesterday was somewhat of a success I can say. Thanks to all the wonderful people that came and a few great friends that helped out! I have to say thank you to Julie and all she did to help me keep my head on straight! Thanks girl, you know I love you! And the Moncur family. What a blessing having them in Nicolas's life has been! Kyle, Tommy, and Zach.....great kids, good friends, and great family! Love those guys! Papa! You too! We couldn't of done it without your help on the grill! Thanks again for making the food spectacular and pitching in when we really needed it! We love you!
The carnival idea started out with the notion that it wouldn't be too hard, and kids of all ages would enjoy it. This was somewhat true, but not entirely! All the kids were really well behaved and got along great. The older ones really helped out the younger ones, and everyone got a chance to do all the games. The only problem we ran into was there was so much going on, it was hard to know what needed to be done, and what had already been done. I think I heard my name called about 650,000 times yesterday (not including Mommy!!) and I heard Stans name about the same amount also! We are organized people and we really had thought this out! But, in the end, having 20 kids in your backyard is never going to be easy! Nicolas was so excited to open his presents that all he could do was cry about when it was going to happen. Oh, did I mention, he FREAKED out when he had to let the other kids hit the pinata? Then as he was being told to shape up, the pinata was broke and all the candy fell in the dirt. No big deal, kids don't care about a little dirt, right? Not Nicolas, he was crying about the candy being dirty! Thankfully the Moncur boys gathered some for him and made sure it was cleaned off before giving it to him (did I mention how great they are?). After the presents, the cake, the hotdogs, snowcones, prizes, and popcorn, it was all we could do to crawl into bed last night and vow to make things easier the next time! All in all though, we had a great time. I think all of the kids did, and we got to spend time together as a family and with some great friends! Nicolas is so lucky to have so many great people in his life. Being away from most of our family can be tough sometimes. But our kids have the benefit of gaining a big extended family through all the friends we meet. We are so lucky to have these people around and really cherish the friendships we have formed. So, Nicolas started the day off yesterday with "We're havin a party!" and we ended it with some great memories and another day to look back at and wonder where all the time went!? Nicolas, you deserved your party bud, we wanted your day to be fun and special. I hope that you can look back at it and remember all the great people that were there to help you celebrate!

1 comment:

cody said...

That was a fantastic Party!! I don't know if anyone could live up to it! You guys did a great job, a lot of work was put into it, and you could tell! All of my kids had a blast! Thanks so much for having us! We loved it, and we love you!! Nicolas was a ton of fun to watch!!
Juls