Thursday, May 8, 2008
New beginnings
Well, here it is. The blog that I thought about doing but never did. Until now obviously. After getting an email from a good friend I thought about it. Then seeing her blog made me think it was too hard and I would end up with the worst blog on the internet. Then I received another email from a different friend, and realized everyone has a blog! The pressure of being left out, made me do it! So I will start off with a welcome to our blog! If you are wondering why I called it Footprints in the snow, well I tried to get creative. I thought for about 15 minutes while taking Nicolas to school about what would be a good name for our family blog. After all that thinking I thought, well our family really started in the snow. Stan and I met in Breckenridge Colorado twelve years ago. We both have a love of snow and all the fun that goes along with it~ ie:snowboarding etc etc. Now of course, having kids, sledding is a favorite too. Really though when hasn't it been a favorite?! So I had this image in my mind of Stan and I on chair #6 in Breckenridge, after he had just asked me to marry him. Getting off that lift and walking into the beautiful scenery holding hands (can you picture it?), the only thing left are our footprints left in the snow. For our past footprints, and all the footprints ahead that we will make (in the snow and elsewhere), I decided it was a fitting name. Now, instead of two sets, there are four sets (and Baileys!). So, we begin the journey that is our blog together as a family...walking together wherever life will lead us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my holiness! This is quite an honor to be the very first comment! I'm so happy and I can already tell your blog will be interesting to read! Only one question, which friend was I???? hmmmm...
Hey girly! LOVE your blog...you go girl...you have been working HARD on this...woo hooooo...LOOKS great. -Shelley
Loved the Blog and the idea for the name is great!! Keep it up.- Joel
Post a Comment