Today was one of those days that I have to thank God for the fact that we were able to get out of Arizona and up to the Pacific Northwest! We decided to head up to the rose gardens/play park in Washington park today for a nice picnic. Stan and I were sitting on the bench and talking about all the beauty around us. For those of you that have been there, you know what I mean. The trees, the wildlife, just the feel of the fresh air. It is amazing. We would be sitting in a park in 100 degree temperatures in Arizona right now, completely miserable, and hating it. I have to be honest. We hated it. I have good friends that I left there, and that is all I love about Arizona. Oh, and some of the restaurants too! This is just one of those places that makes you want to be outside, running, biking, sleeping in the grass, anything. Just be outside, in the beauty. Granted, summer is coming, the grey is beginning to lift, it makes it easier. But, I will tell you, even with the grey and rainy winter, this is all worth it. We are so happy that our kids get to experience all that is the Northwest. Growing up in a place that gets them out to play, just like we did growing up. Catching bugs (not scorpions!), splashing in the puddles, even just looking for cool rocks, it is all different here. Life was intended to be like that. I hope my kids will learn to enjoy nature and all it has to offer now that we are here. Hopefully they will never take it for granted! If they do we will just have to send them back to Arizona...in July!!
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think this is all a ploy to get us to move to the Northwest! It could work if you post enough pics!
I am soooo grateful not to live in Arizona anymore! I feel bad for my brother living there right now. I know he hates it too.
I'm so excited to keep reading your blog!
Post a Comment