This is what I woke up to this morning. What a great family I have. And a pretty funny dog too I must add. I guess Stan said something about lizards to her and this was the reaction he got. You all know how Bailey feels about lizards now! My great husband and kids all got me cards that were very sweet and made me very happy. We then went to a neat little french boulangerie for a tasty breakfast (think chocolate croissants!). After coming home and getting ready for church, the kids and I headed off for what could of been a disaster. The primary was singing a song for the Moms today. Nicolas had never been up on stage before and was really looking forward to it to say the least. After threatening him and Drew to stay by each other and be nice, they went up with the other kids. Well, it could of been worse I guess. Drew sang lovely. Nicolas was yelling (in a sort of whisper yell) at me in the pew that he wanted to sing IN THE MICROPHONE MOM! So, I was giving him the look of big trouble, praying that no one was noticing the whole time. When the song was over, all the kids came down to sit with their parents, except Nicolas. He stayed for a minute longer, and smiled out at the crowd. I could see on his face he wanted to make a run for the microphone, where I am sure he would of said something about Spider man or Venom. Thank goodness the look I gave him then seemed to sink in, and he came back down. He got a few chuckles though, exactly what he wanted out of the whole thing I guarantee you. Overall, I was satisfied we made it out of there alive and only a little embarrassed!
I had a great day and am so grateful to have these amazing beautiful kids in my life. They make me so happy and show me so much love on a daily basis that I am still in shock that they are mine. Life has been good to me, I have a wonderful family, great friends, and I get to wake up every morning with the knowledge that I am their mother, I am responsible for them and all that I hope they become. So far, despite all the times I question myself, I feel pretty good about the wonderful little beings they are and the opportunities for what is yet to come. Thank you Stan, Drew, Nicolas, and Bailey. Being your wife and mother is a pleasure!
1 comment:
Uh oh, you better watch that little guy...he'll keep you on your toes for sure! That was hilarious! I've secretly wanted a kid of mine to do something like that - never going to happen, they're the shy type.
Post a Comment