So, while I have been trying to figure out what to do with my kids for Spring Break this year, a few things have come to mind:
~Stay home, rent movies, clean, drive to Sonic a lot for slushies and the best ice in the world.
~Go to the Oregon Coast...somewhere. Be cold, look for sea creatures and bring the dog.
~Go to Seattle, take the ferry to Whidbey Island again. Maybe even to the San Juan Islands. We could see whales. Of course we could see whales if we go to the Oregon Coast too.
~ Go to Arizona. Except that means money....lots of it. Plane tickets, hotels, car rental etc etc. and the dog can't come. Oh but the sun and the warmth is calling me!
~Drive to Utah....ummm, sorry no. It would be lovely to see my family and friends. But twelve hours there and twelve hours home in the car with the kids and a smelly dog??? I'll wait until I can convince my family to come to me instead this time!!
So, I am leaning toward a beach with sea shells to pick up, whales to see, and sea lions barking at us. Except in this thought I have, I see sunshine and the warmth of it crawling up my arms as it rises above the horizon. Did I mention we live in the Northwest? Yeah, the coast is not warm in March, or April for that matter. But, it is close, cheap, and despite the cold, beautiful and fun. The kids love the coast here. The dog lives the coast here. Heck, I love the coast here too. I do love the warm sun though. So, maybe if we all pray for a freak warm spell in Oregon, I can get it all at the same time. Wouldn't that be fabulous?
Spring is almost here and we are in need of its break. What are you doing for Spring Break???
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
12 hours huh? I don't blame you! Five Guys is a really good hamburger joint. They have tons of yummy choices for toppings on your burger and my family has become a little addicted. If you get one up there you'll have to go check it out!
My vote for your spring break is stop by sonic on your way to the coast....I love their ice....YUM! Or drive to Utah and Heather and I will take you to 5 guys....YUM, YUM!!!!!!
Whale watching is one of my wishes to do before I die. We tried last December, but no whales were to be seen... We're moving our kids to the basement over our Spring break. We're finishing our basement and have made it into another whole house, kitchen and all. Spoiled kids. Your Spring break sounds way more fun. Take lots of pictures and post them.
Post a Comment