Today was a fun day. Today I got to go to the Children's Museum in Portland with my Nicolas. The initial idea came to me when I saw they were having a Bob the Builder exhibit. Nicolas is not really into Bob anymore, he is too big for that now. But, what little boy doesn't like tools, tractors, and secretly wishes their Mom was more like Wendy from the show? Or is that just Nicolas? Oh well.
Can I just say how much Nicolas makes me laugh? He got this doctor kit from Grandma for Christmas. In this kit were a pair of blue plastic glasses. I guess because all good Doctors need a pair of glasses? Regardless, they are cute and hilarious at the same time. Nicolas chose to wear them today. As we walked out the door, he had them on. I thought I should say to leave them at home. No, I bet he will take them off on the way. No, he wore them all the way there. We talked about why people sometimes wear them on their noses, and why sometimes they put them on their heads and forget they are there. Good conversation is always included in our drives. So we arrive at the museum and get out of the car. He still has the glasses on, but I think he looks cute and at this point he is really serious about them, so why bother?
The museum is wonderful and I recommend it to all that live near Portland with young children.
There is the Bob exhibit with all the machines present: Scoop, Roley, Dizzy etc. Wendy is there, as is the rest of the crew. There is digging, building and organizing everywhere. We also enjoyed the museums water room, theater, tree house, and clay room. The grocery store and Doctors office were visited as well. We left full of creativity on the brain and blue glasses in my purse. He lost them at the theater when he wanted to wear the ski goggles and flippers around instead.
He is a funny kid.
Pictures:
Here he is with Bob and Pilchard (or whatever the cats name is).
And Building:
On top of the ship, still sportin the glasses.
Dissecting some girls body in the doctors office:
Pretending to be the receptionist taking appointments for the doctor:
This is where we lost the glasses. In exchange for flippers and ski goggles. We take the whole dress up thing pretty seriously around our house. Really, who comes up with this combo!? I only wish you could see him better. Trust me. It was hilarious!
Oh I forgot to mention the Indian Warrior paint:
3 comments:
So I finally got around to reading some blogs! I miss museums! We had a great one in Toledo, but it shut down (not surprising right now).
In terms of Drew, my trick is to let them play with all of blubber. They get a kick out of it and I tell them I'm that way because of them. It takes the pressure off me! ha ha
Hey girly! So glad you are back, now lets see those jean pics!! ha ha! And do lunch!! you are such a great mom!! I am sure Nicolas had the time of his life!! Juls
The glasses are awesome! He looks like he is really creative and imaginative. That's a great combo and can also be frustrating. I'm sure he'll keep you on your toes. My kids loved to wear their cowboy boots and shorts in the summer with some odd-ball top, just to make their outfit special. Kids are great! (this is Jenny, Heather's sister)...
Post a Comment