Monday, October 20, 2008

The day is coming.

The day that my sweet daughter will look at me and say "ugh, you are so lame, just LEAVE me alone!". When I will be able to see the heartbreak on her face if a friend is being rude, or that boy doesn't call. It is approaching, and I can feel the sadness that will be mine until she decides that she really does love me again. When she will realize I am really on HER side. For now, I love her sweet face and will cherish every time she says "I love you". With no prompting and with true meaning.



The day will come that My BABY BOY will be like an alien to me. His feelings and hormones are ones that I have not experienced. He will retreat to his room and play his music loud and tell me he is "fine' when I ask. Knowing that FINE can mean a world of things. Again, I will worry and pray that he will come out of that phase and that I did the right thing by him so that he grows to be an HONORABLE man. A good man, that loves his Mom.




These are the things I think about people. Every time I get frustrated and yell at them. I can't help but think of the future consequences. I am a worrier. I worry about all things involving these two spirits that have been in trusted to me. Me. To provide care and guidance. With help from my wonderful spouse. US. We can do this. WE CAN. I will lean heavily on others and faith during the difficult times, and during the good times, take all the credit.

I need to get a hobby.


But for now, I will enjoy their sweetness. Because life is short and I need to quit worrying.

6 comments:

It all began here said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
It all began here said...

T- oh its hard to be a parent!! One where you feel the joy and pain of those you love. But oh the joy, how wonderful that sweet feeling is. The pain, is hard, it can drop you to your knees and bring tears to your eyes. I have to say there is nothing so great as the pain you feelwhen you watch your children struggle. Espacially when you can't fix it.

Until those moments come, treasure those quiet moments that you get to connect with them. They come, not often but they come.

Your family is blessed to have you as their momma!

Heather said...

Your hobby is keeping me interested in reading your blog! Just prepare yourself for having your kids reject you during the teen years. Wow, being a parent can be so fabulous sometimes! The snotty "teenaged" behavior for Nic will begin around 1st grade - prepare yourself!

cody said...

Girl!! I love you!! You are the best!! I love the " I need to get a hobby" I think your hobby is blog stocking and blogging! ha ha!! you are the one of the best moms I know!! I look up to you soo much!! Love ya girl!! Juls

cody said...

Girl!! I love you!! You are the best!! I love the " I need to get a hobby" I think your hobby is blog stocking and blogging! ha ha!! you are the one of the best moms I know!! I look up to you soo much!! Love ya girl!! Juls

Emily said...

Teresa,

Reading your blog brings home all the thoughts I am constatly having and it helps to know that I am not the only one thinking about these things. You are such a great mom your!!!!

Love ya,

Em