Thursday, September 4, 2008

All the world is a labratory to the inquring mind

Schools back in session! Yes my little sweet baby girl is now in THIRD GRADE!! That happened too fast I'm telling ya!
Leave it to her to be so excited to be back and in that excitement sort-of forgot to sleep the night before the first day! Ah, well, kids are resilient and she still was skipping out the door on Wednesday! Drew is one of those kids that loves to be at school for the social side of it, but also she loves to learn! She will come home sometimes and tell me some fact that I am not sure if it is indeed fact or not. I will say "mmm, I don't know about that Drew" then she looks at me like I am some sort of alien and replies "Yes it is Mom, I learned it at school last week!" Then I feel dumb and old, because I didn't know what the heck she was talking about. I am supposed to be smarter than her, but quite frankly, I wouldn't do well on the "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?" show. Now, Drew, she could probably school some of those fifth graders!
As luck would have it, I was blessed with a daughter who has an inquisitive mind and one that is always open to more knowledge. Of course I tell her that when she leaves school, when it is all done, college and everything, what she will then need to do is keep learning the things she didn't learn throughout her school years. She again looks at me strangely and said "shouldn't we start doing that now?" Thank the heaven above she is mine. I think she got her mind from her Daddy!
So at the start of another school year I can't wait to learn more from this little child of mine. She is growing up to be a wonderful girl that really appreciates all that life has to offer, and she wants to make sure everyone along for the ride with her has a good time!



1 comment:

cody said...

That is Drew! So adorable and Smart! You are one lucky mom! I am so glad Kayla and her are in the same class! I am excited about this year! :)