I have tried to post a Fathers Day post for a couple days now, but of course anytime I encounter a problem that is computer related it takes me awhile to figure it out! Needless to say, after a slight issue with some pictures, this is late, but I needed to post it regardless! Happy Fathers Day! Stan had a great day with the kids and I think overall just was able to enjoy being a Dad to his two wonderful kids! We started out the day with a wonderful breakfast at a little french place (think chocolate croissants!!). Then Nicolas and I had the pleasure of spending two hours at the Dr.s office due to a bad sinus infection the poor guy was struggling with! After that, we just hung out, got things done, and ended the day with a nice dinner of BBQ chicken and steak! It was a nice day, and one that I think Stan will remember for a long time to come. The kids are so lucky to have him as a Dad. He is so great to them and makes them both feel so special and loved. He puts them first and always encourages them in whatever they are doing. I think about the future sometimes when the kids are going to be older and they may not like me very much (teenagers! AHH!!) and Drew might actually get to that point where she will want to pretend I am not her Mom for awhile (I remember what it was like to be a teenage girl). I can honestly say, I think both kids will still be able to go to Stan and talk to him about everything, even during those difficult years. Not that I am this horrible mean Mom or anything ( I think), but most people that I know that had a Mom that stayed at home with them growing up, usually had more feelings of animosity toward Mom than Dad, just for the mere fact that Mom was always there to bug them! So, anyway, I hope that when that day comes, I can just appreciate the fact that Stan is a great Dad and our kids will appreciate him even more as they grow. Hopefully that time period will pass quickly and smoothly, but just in case, I am glad I have Stan around to help me through it! So, for all the wonderful things you do for us Stan, thank you. And for all the things in the future that you will do, thank you. We love you very much and appreciate all the hard work and effort you put into making our lives so wonderful. You are a wonderful role model, teacher, friend, and listener for Drew and Nicolas (and myself!). We are lucky to share our lives with you! Happy Fathers Day!!
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Stan is such a great Dad! I love watching him with the kids! You can tell he has a great time with them and cares so much! You are a wonderful mom too! I can't think of anyone more soft spoken , you guys are great parents!
Post a Comment